PRESS RELEASE – Athens, GR, January 2nd, 2022
The Swiss Alpine Center annual Advisory Board Meeting brings mentorship programs to the forefront
Coming up to the Christmas holidays, the Swiss Alpine Center Advisory Board met at the City Unity College campus in Vouliagmeni, Attica, Greece. This seaside location is where Swiss Alpine Center offers its renowned programs of study in Hospitality and Tourism Management and Culinary Arts. Swiss Alpine Center recently celebrated 35 years since its foundation as the first School of its kind in Greece.
The Advisory Board is comprised of prominent industry leaders as well as academicians located in Greece, Switzerland, the UK, the USA, Mauritius, Dubai, and Bahrain. Seventeen members physically attended the meeting, while 6 members joined via Zoom.
The mission of the international Advisory Board includes helping develop a breakthrough learning curriculum, assisting with student mentoring, and promoting the value of a career in the global hospitality and tourism industry.
The Advisory Board fosters close ties between Swiss Alpine Center and the business community. It helps the School achieve its mission by providing advice and assistance within areas of each member’s expertise. The Members of the Board facilitate the achievement of the School’s goals by:
- Mentoring students
- Sharing their expert advice through guest lectures
- Providing feedback on the curricula
- Serving as subject matter experts and contributing up-to-date information to the curricula, in order to best prepare students for the most recent developments in the hospitality industry.
Mrs. Sybil Hofmann, President of International Programs at Swiss Alpine Center, expressed her gratitude to the Members, all of whom represent a diverse group of hotels, hospitality enterprises, and universities. Mr. Panos Almyrantis, Chair of the Executive Committee who steers the Board, highlighted the need to commit to helping students and recent graduates find their path in this industry by following well-structured Mentorship Program guidelines. He highlighted the important effects of concerted efforts for the increased involvement of Board Members in knowledge-sharing, via guest lectures and curriculum updates.
The two-hour meeting was followed by a reception sponsored by Alpha Estate Wines. They provided premium quality red, white, and rosé wines that were complemented by finger food prepared by culinary arts students.
The Advisory Board Members are:
- Peter Alatsas, Veteran Hotelier, Visiting Lecturer, and author of books on hospitality management
- Panagiotis Almyrantis*, General Manager at Daios Cove Luxury Hotel & Villas, Crete, VP of EHMA—European Hotel Manager Association, President of Greece – Cyprus Chapter, Greece
- Arfoditi Arvaniti, General Manager, Milos The Hotel & Restaurant, Athens, Greece
- Chariton Brousalian, Member of the Board at International Federation for Information Technologies in Travel & Tourism, Sales & Marketing Manager, Greek Travel Pages, Greece
- Joseph Chalfoun*, Area Restaurants & Bars Director – Middle East & Africa, Radisson Hotel Group, UAE
- Philipp John Economou*, Area General Manager KSA East & Bahrain at IHG Hotels & Resorts, Bahrain
- Roman Goetsch*, General Manager at One & Only Resorts, Mauritius
- Nikos Hadjos*, Founder & MD, Hotellect,Consultant at Marriott Hotels International, Greece
- Sybil Hofmann, President International Programs, Swiss Alpine Center, Switzerland
- Hassan Kadbi,* CEO & Board Member, Hapimag Hotels & Resorts, Switzerland
- Vania Kamtsiou, Senior Trainer and Founder, Welcome Global, Empowering Talent, Greece
- Ed Kastli, Corporate Vice President, Sales, American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute, USA
- Stelios Koumantakis, Complex EAM i/c Operations Marriott at Costa Navarino Resort, Greece
- Stavros Mavridis, General Manager at ΣOUL TAILORΣ Member of Eurotel Group, Wellness & Spa
- Dr. Ioannis Pantelidis*, Director of Doctoral Studies, University of Brighton, UK
- Dimitris Perrakis*, Area Operations Manager at Atlantica Hotels & Resorts, Greece
- Panagiotis Podimatas, CEO of P.C.Podimatas S.A. Audiovisual & Events Company, Greece
- Andreas Sammoutis, Academic Dean, City Unity College, Greece
- Elena Sergeeva*, Greece Development Consultant, JayWay Travel USA, & MD of Blog Smart Agency
- Dr. Marianna Sigala, Director of the Centre for Tourism & Leisure Management – University of South Australia, and Professor of Marketing (new role), University of Piraeus, Greece
- Dr. Jean (Yannis) Suvatjis, Associate Professor of Marketing, University of Mary-Hardin Baylor, Texas, USA
- Themis Trakas*, Hospitality Asset Management at Hines Investment Management, Greece
- Irini Varda, Director of Sales & Marketing at Kalesma Mykonos, Greece
- Penny Zaglaridou, Vice President of the Board & CEO Astir Palace Vouliagmeni, Greece
December’s Advisory Board meeting led to many conducive discussions. These will have a positive impact on the curricula, student life, and mentoring programs offered to Swiss Alpine Center students and alumni in the coming years.
For details on the programs offered by Swiss Alpine Center, click here. Our rich portfolio of courses includes Hotel Management, Travel & Tourism Management, Culinary Arts Management, Events & Conventions Management, Food & Beverage Management, Spa Management, Hospitality & Cruise Management, at the Diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Click here for the Swiss Alpine Center website.
For enquiries, email the Swiss Alpine Center admissions department.
Visit the Swiss Alpine Center blog to discover what students, alumni, and subject matter experts have to say.